The Distance Education website at http://online.ctcd.edu/ has plenty of resources for you.
- Learn about being a distance learner at http://online.ctcd.edu/student.cfm. You might be surprised by the definition.
- Find detailed instructions for using Blackboard at the Blackboard Help Quick Link.
- Check out the Student Resources Quick Link for essential information and other relevant topics.
- Find who to contact for help at the Contact Us Quick Link.
Need help with computers and the Internet? Check out the free technology tutorials at https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/, as well as activities for math, reading, personal finance, and more.
For hands-on experience with Blackboard, tour the sample CTC course mentioned in the Tutorial:
- Go to http://ctc.blackboard.com
- Log in
- Username: bbuser
- Password: bbuser
- Under My Courses, select Student_Sample_Course_2018
- Navigate through the course and try out Blackboard features: view lessons, post to a discussion board, take an exam, etc.
Students and Instructors may now change their Blackboard passwords:
- On the CTC Blackboard login screen, click the Reset Password link. Use this link to change your password, or to reset it if you forget your password.
- The link provides a form to enter your name and username or email, and then an email will be sent to the email address that is associated with your Blackboard account (most likely your CTC email address).
- Click the link in the email to continue. If you do not receive the email, please check your spam folder.
- If you need further assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow these CTC guidelines to create a secure password:
- Passwords should be at least 8 characters in length.
- Passwords should contain characters from 3 of the following: 1) upper case letter (A-Z); 2) lowercase letter (a-z); 3) number; 4) symbol (ex, !, $, #, %).
- See How to Create a Secure Password for more details.