Testing for Distant Learners
MOST CTC distance education courses DO NOT require proctored exams.
If your course DOES require proctored exams, please read the information below.
Check proctor availability at your location prior to enrolling in courses.
Determine days and times testing can be conducted.
Ask about any costs for proctoring. These are your responsibilities.
Finalize your proctor arrangements no later than the first week of class.
If you change locations during a class, repeat this process.
Failure to act in an appropriate manner at the testing facility may result in disciplinary action.
Identify a test proctor
It is your responsibility to identify a test proctor prior to or during the first week of class. A proctor may already be in place depending on your location.
- Is it convenient for you to come to the CTC Testing Office on the Central Campus in Killeen? An appointment is not necessary, but tests are administered as space is available. You do not have to submit a Test Proctor Submission Form. For location, contact information, and hours of operation, see CTC Testing Services.
- Are you in the military? Contact your local military education or testing center to see if it is already an approved location and offers testing services.
- Do you not fit in either category above? Don’t worry! See our Testing Requirements page for suggestions on locating a proctor or testing center.
Unless you will be using the Central Campus testing center or a designated GoArmyEd test site, you will need to provide your proctor's contact information to the CTC Testing Office using the Test Proctor Submission Form.
If approved by the Testing Office and your instructor, your test proctor will be notified and provided access information to administer your tests. To check the status of your Test Proctor Submission Form, please contact the CTC Testing Office at email@example.com.
Change your test proctor or location
In the event that you relocate or need to change your testing location, notify the CTC Testing Office prior to attempting to take a test, by resubmitting the Test Proctor Submission Form.
Taking your test
When you go to take your test, bring a photo ID, and know the name of the course (example: HIST 1301), your instructor, and which exam you are taking (example: Test 2, Midterm). Know the requirements and restrictions as described in your course syllabus, such as time limit and whether or not any references or resources are permitted.
Contact the CTC testing office
Questions, changes to test proctor information/location, and test accessibility issues should be directed to the CTC Online Testing Office.
- Phone 254-526-1661 (toll free 1-800-792-3348 ext. 1661)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Central campus distance learning students
- The central campus testing center is an open entry testing facility for local area students. It is not necessary for local students to submit a Test Proctor Submission Form.
- Go to the Systems Services Building 111, Room 233 or call 254-526-1289 and select Option #1.
- Hours for testing are on a Walk-in basis only, no appointments are scheduled.
- Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. (0730) to 7:00 p.m. (1900).
- The building is locked at 7:00 p.m. (1900). Testing Office closes at 9:00 p.m. (2100).
- Last TSI test applicant will be accepted at 5:00 p.m. (1700).
- Last ASE test applicant will be accepted at 6:00 p.m. (1800).
- Last test applicant for all other tests will be accepted at 7:00 p.m. (1900).
Friday 7:30 a.m. (0730) to 2:00 p.m. (1400).
Saturday 9:00 a.m. (0900) to 2:00 p.m. (1400).
- The building is locked at 2:00 p.m. (1400). Testing Office closes at 4:00 p.m. (1600).
- Last TSI test applicant will be accepted at 12:00 p.m. (1200).
- Last ASE test applicant will be accepted at 1:00 p.m. (1300).
- Last test applicant for all other tests will be accepted at 2:00p.m. (1400).
- For further information see CTC Testing Services.
Students must take the Math Placement Exam before enrolling in college-level mathematics, and must take both the multiple choice and essay portions of the English Placement Exam to place into ENGL1301 Composition I. These exams are available online and must be taken in a proctored situation. Please refer to the information listed above to submit a Test Proctor Submission Form.
Please review the rules for taking the Math and English Placement Exams.
For interpretation of your placement exam scores, please contact the Eagles On Call Center at email@example.com or call 254-526-1296 or 1-800-792-3348 extension 1296.
Special Note: The CTC online placement exams do not satisfy the Texas Success Initiative requirements. See below.
Texas Success Initiative (TSI) -- Distance learners who physically reside in Texas or are bona fide Texas residents eligible to pay in-state tuition rates must satisfy the TSI requirements unless TSI exempt or TSI waived. Students who are not exempt must take an approved TSI assessment prior to starting coursework at CTC. The CTC online placement exams cannot be used for this purpose.