Not all college classes look like this
Lecture, or face-to-face, classes are one way to achieve your educational goals, and are preferred by some students. But here are some things to consider:
- Are you close to a college campus?
- Do you have time to go to class at least two days a week?
- Can you arrange classes around your work schedule?
- Who will take care of your kids?
- Will transportation and related costs be a hardship?
Central Texas College Distance Learning offers an alternative to lecture classes - and you can take online classes and face-to-face classes at the same time. Regardless of your situation, you will have access to all student and support services - online or on campus.
CTC Distance Learning offers
To succeed in a CTC Distance Learning class, you must
- Acquire specified instructional materials.
- Have access to a computer with at least the minimum technical requirements.
- Have a consistent and reliable Internet connection.
- Have a valid, functional email address and know how to use CTC's student EagleMail accounts.
For instructions, go to https://www.ctcd.edu/students/current-ctc-students/student-email/.
- Have basic computer skills and be able to download and install applications or plug-ins.
- Make the time to devote to your coursework.
- Be self-disciplined and able to establish and reach goals.