24/7 Blackboard Support: 866-350-4729
- Students gain access to their Blackboard course 3 days prior to its start date.
- Blackboard Tech Support cannot reset/unlock exams, student must contact instructor.
- Determine your Blackboard Username and Password: Blackboard Login Instructions
- Use the Blackboard Username Lookup form to have your Blackboard username emailed to you
- Course tool problems such as Digital Drop Box or Discussion Board: Blackboard Help
- See Common Questions about CTC Distance Education
- Submit a Blackboard Trouble Ticket (Create Case)
- Use the Reset Password link on the Blackboard login screen to change or reset your Blackboard password
- See our Student Orientation for a Blackboard Tutorial
- Tour a sample CTC Blackboard course with hands-on activities
- Go to https://ctc.blackboard.com/
- Log in with Username: bbuser, Password: bbuser
- Under My Courses, select Student Sample Course 2020.
- Navigate through the course and try out Blackboard features: view lessons, post to a discussion board, take an exam, etc.
- SafeAssign Instructions for Students: https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Student/Assignments/Assignments_SafeAssign
- SafeAssign Instructions for Faculty: https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Assignments/SafeAssign
- Learn how BioSig-ID™ is used in CTC online courses to verify identity
- Watch a video of the BioSig-ID™ Enrollment Process
- Visit the CTC BioSig-ID™ Help Site or Submit a BioSig-ID™ Trouble Ticket
- Watch a video at BioSight-ID™ Student Overview to understand how BioSight-ID™ works for test proctoring.
- We recommend the use of a webcam for BioSight-ID rather than attempting to use your cell phone camera.
- If you need a webcam and you are using TA funds, check the CTC Bookstore for this piece of required equipment.
- View this link for information on the apps that are needed to make your cell phone function like a webcam https://www.wired.com/story/use-your-phone-as-webcam/.
- Disclaimer: These apps are from third party vendors and are not supported by DEET tech support.
- Use the Contact Tech Support form
- Email email@example.com
- Weekdays: 800-792-3348 Ext. 3061 or 254-501-3061, Evenings/Weekends/Holidays: 866-350-4729
Blackboard Course Name and Course ID
Inside your Blackboard course, you see your course name and course ID in the upper left corner, but what do they mean?
- example: OL-Composition I-11/07/22 ENGL1301.20221107.645631
- Course name consists of delivery method category (OL = online), class title (Composition I), and class start date (11/07/22)
- Course ID consists of course alpha (ENGL1301), start date (20221107), and section ID (645631) - a unique number used for searching
Starting January 2023:
- example: LEC.General Botany.2023-01-17.2023-05-12.TM001 BIOL1411.20230117.646070
- Course name consists of actual delivery method (LEC = lecture), class title (General Botany), class start date (2023-01-17), class end date (2023-05-12), and class section number (TM001)
- Course ID consists of course alpha (BIOL1411), start date (20230117), and section ID (646070) - a unique number used for searching
To change your Blackboard password:
- On the CTC Blackboard login screen, click the Reset Your Password link. Use this link to change your password, or to reset it if you forget your password.
- The link provides a form to enter your name and username or email, and then an email will be sent to the email address that is associated with your Blackboard account (most likely your CTC email address).
- Click the link in the email to continue. If you do not receive the email, please check your spam folder.
- If you need further assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow these CTC guidelines to create a secure password:
- Passwords should be at least 8 characters in length.
- Passwords should contain characters from 3 of the following: 1) upper case letter (A-Z); 2) lowercase letter (a-z); 3) number; 4) symbol (ex, !, $, #, %).
- See How to Create a Secure Password for more details.
On-demand Blackboard Help and Training
- For Students:
- Original View
- Blackboard Ultra
- For Instructors:
- Original View
- Blackboard Ultra